TCEB Situation Update
Travel Advisory: COVID-19 virus on 4 July 2020
The Extension of Emergency Decree and Fifth Phase Easing of Lockdown Measures
The Thai cabinet approved one-month extension of the Emergency Decree from July 1 until July 31, 2020 to prevent possible second-wave spread of the outbreak. Also it introduced the fifth-phase easing of lockdown measures allowing convention and exhibition centers or exhibition venues to operate till 22.00 hrs. each day. The details are as follow:
1. Educational institutes resume operation and are required to strictly comply with government’s disease prevention measures.
2. Shopping, entertainment and recreation establishments posing risk must act as follow:
2.1 Department stores, community malls, exhibition centers, convention centers or exhibition venues can resume their normal operating hours but not after 22.00 hrs. Convenience stores and supermarkets can operate through their usual working hours.
2.2 Pubs, bars and karaoke can provide services until midnight while food and drink in restaurants, hotels and shops can operate until after midnight but alcoholic drinking and sale promotion activities onsite are prohibited.
2.3 Gaming and internet café can operate with limited working hours.
2.4 Massage parlors can operate within legally allowed working hours.
3. Religious rites must be observed in line with the health measures required by the government and guidance of religious administration organization.
4. Public transport must follow the government’s health measures and will be supervised by authorities concerned.
5. Provincial governors are authorized to consider relaxing the opening of trade channels deemed fit and must practice health protection measures.
6. All types of enterprises must implement disease prevention measures as follow:
6.1 Body temperature and breathing symptom screening
6.2 Wearing surgical or cloth mask
6.3 Minimum one-meter social distancing and crowding limit
6.4 Provide hand washing station with soap, alcohol gel or disinfectant
6.5 Surface cleaning before, onsite and post-event and set up tracking application
7. Operators found violating or act posing health risk face warning or maximum punishment of temporary closure.
8. Coordination – In case of any difficulties, coordination must be made with the government’s task force responsible for the relaxation of health and COVID-19 infection measures.
Starting from July 1, 2020 onward
Information about COVID-19 outbreak from WHO
Disease Control Department call centre 1422, 24-hour
Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (TCEB) call +66 (0) 2694 6000